There are many reasons to hire a bankruptcy attorney in Raleigh. You may be considering filing for bankruptcy, you may be a creditor in a case, or you may be a defendant in an adversary proceeding in Bankruptcy Court. Here are several reasons to consider hiring a bankruptcy attorney:
- You have too much debt and cannot reach a reasonable repayment plan with individual creditors
- You would like to save your home that is in foreclosure or near foreclosure
- You would like to stop a repossession of a car
- The Internal Revenue Service or North Carolina Department of Revenue will not work with you on a repayment plan for taxes that you owe
- You have received a notice of a bankruptcy case as a creditor in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- You have received a proof of claim form in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, or Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- You have received a ballot in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- You have received a proposed plan of reorganization or disclosure statement in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case
- You have received a summons and complaint for a bankruptcy adversary proceeding
- You have been contacted by a bankruptcy trustee who has demanded a payment as a part of the administration of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Filing bankruptcy in Raleigh is complex and you want the knowledge and expertise of a bankruptcy lawyer
- Your separated spouse or ex-spouse has filed bankruptcy
- You have previously filed a lawsuit against an individual or company that has now filed for bankruptcy
Filing bankruptcy in Raleigh is a complex legal proceeding and you can benefit from the knowledge and experience of an experienced bankruptcy lawyer. Josh Levy is an experienced bankruptcy lawyer in Raleigh with the knowledge and experience to represent you in the proceedings that occur in Bankruptcy Court. Mr. Levy is also an experienced litigator in federal court litigation and adversary proceedings in Bankruptcy Court. Mr. Levy has practiced bankruptcy law since 2000, and has previously worked for a Chapter 7 Trustee. Mr. Levy began practicing bankruptcy law in Raleigh when he opened Levy Law Offices in December 2003.
To schedule an initial consultation, please call Levy Law Offices at (919) 846-0125, or complete the contact form on the right-hand column of the website. Levy Law Offices provides a free initial consultation in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases for individuals.
In Chapter 13 cases, Levy Law Offices tries to keep the up front attorney fee as low as possible and considers the circumstances of the case in determining how much must be paid up front, and how much of the attorney fee is paid through the plan as a part of your monthly Chapter 13 plan payments.